Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Online Card Classes-Watercolor Backgrounds

Hi,
I am participating in the Online Card Classes-Watercolor.  Days 1 & 2 feature watercolor backgrounds.  There were so many great techniques in the first two days, it was hard to chose which one to make.  I did a version of Kristina Werner's.  The background is embossed on watercolor paper and then you apply watercolors over the embossing. The watercolors resist the embossed background and you get a great, colorful background.    I am definitely going to try to other techniques but I was in a time crunch and could only do this one right now. 

The 'you' is embossed in black on vellum.  You really don't want to cover up any of the background, so I tried to embellish as little as possible.

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!