Thursday, September 25, 2014

Challenges Sept. 22nd-26th

This week I am a little behind because of my online card class so I decided to post some challenges in one post.

CAS(E) this Sketch #94

Inspiration sketch for this week is:

This is how the sketch inspired me.  :)


I embossed using a chevron stencil with embossing paste mixed with distress ink.  I cut the 'congrats' about three times and glued them on top of one another to get dimension.    I had already colored the first layer with a copic marker, added Wink of Stella and glossy accents.  I like this color combo a lot!! Ha.  I added a few sequins and was done!  The hardest part of this card was waiting for the embossing and the glossy accents to dry! 

Next challenge:

Case Study Challenge # 210

Sadly this is the last Case Study Challenge for awhile.  The blog author did not specify when or if it would continue, but I hope it does. 

Here is the inspiration from Debby Hughes!!

This is what I made:
I embossed using a stencil and embossing paste colored with distress ink.  I die cut the snowflake,  stamped the greeting and added a few sequins.  I embossed the strip on the bottom with silver embossing powder.  I wasn't sure about it and am still not sure, but once it was on I really couldn't take it off without ruining the card. This is mounted on foam tape to the card base. 

Please excuse how dark this photos are, I don't know why, because I used the same lighting I always do but they seem dark. :/

See ya later.

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts. Simon Says Stamp
Dies: Memory Box, Papertrey Ink
Stencils: Heidi Swapp
Embossing Paste: Wendy Vecchi
Inks: Tim Holtz Evergreen Bough and Mustard Seed Distress Inks

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the tinted embossing paste! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful embossing on both projects - clever way to add more color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!