Thursday, September 4, 2014

Two Challenges-Case Study #207 & Simon Says Stamp-Wednesday Challenge

Hi,
Two cards today, two challenges. First challenge just follow this link for  Case Study Challenge #207 all the info.   Their designer this month is Debby Hughes!  WOW I love her work.  She is so creative and her work is always so lovely.  Here is the inspiration photo:
Beautiful, isn't it!  My take on this card is:
I white embossed the images on vellum from a stamp set by Hero Arts Be Happy TodayI colored the images with copics on the back of the vellum. The sentiment is also white embossed using Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Borders stamp set. I added a bit of Wink of Stella on top of the images for a little sparkle.  I finished by tying a ribbon and adding dots to the front.  Mine is a little more whimsical but I still like the end product.




My second card today was created for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. The challenge is part of their STAMPtember celebration.  They have a blog hop too, so go to their page and see what is going on.

This is what I made and it is another birthday card and seriously until I was half way through making the second card I didn't realize I was making another birthday card. Ha!  

I die cut patterned paper  using SSS Balloon Craft dies and  mounted  the pieces on foam squares.  I tied  twine on the bottoms of the balloons and put some multi matte medium on my fingers and ran the twine through it to make it a little stiff and pliable.  I saw how to do this somewhere, I can't remember where, but it really works well.  I distressed a piece of white card stock, stamped some stars on it, and then the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Friendship Messages. This stamp set is so versatile and the font is beautiful!  And well, because I couldn't help myself, I added a few wooden stars.

Thanks so much for coming by.

7 comments:

  1. Love all these balloons great take on the challenge. Glad you joined case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards...Very festive...wonderful birthday cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fun birthday cards! Thank you for joining us at the Case Study! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your fabulous Balloons cards.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the balloons are so fun! Great way to make this your own! I love those enamel dots too - so much color!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those happy birthday balloons! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love balloons and these cards just make me happy :D Thanks for joining in with CASE Study challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!