Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #162

This week at Freshly Made Sketches the sketch is by Kim Singdahlsen.  This is the sketch:




Lotta possibilities with this one!  I didn't want to go the usual route with patterned paper, so I decided to stencil the scene.
I didn't have a rectangle stencil so I made one by die cutting one from leftover packaging.  This is not how this carded started out, meaning I had another idea but I couldn't recreate it the way I wanted to, but I like this version too.  I used a  snowflake die cut  (Paper Smooches) from silver foil cardstock and a stencil (SSS) that has trees and hills, so I masked off a lot to get what I wanted.  I did spray with some shimmer spray and added silver sequins (Pretty Pink Posh).  The sentiment is embossed in platinum embossing powder. 

Thanks for stopping by. 


2 comments:

  1. Using stencils is a great way to interpret the sketch. The trees look lovely with your softly sponged background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative - love how you've adapted your products to make your card work for the sketch. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!