Monday, November 3, 2014

OCC Holiday Card Workshop 2014 Day 1

Day 1 of OCC Holiday Card Class was full of inspiration.  The theme was creating Easy to Duplicate Cards.  I wanted to recreate Jennifer McGuire's card but change it up a bit. I used the same method she taught but used different stamps to create my card.

I stamped the circles in the shape of a tree with Versamark.  These images are from Papertrey Ink Bits and Buttons stamp set. To emboss I used Platinum embossing powder from Ranger.  I drew the trunk with a Versamark marker and embossed that too.  I used Simon Says Stamp Holiday Joy stamp set for the sentiment.  It came out so crisp and clean, I think I will be using this on more cards.

This was an easy card to do, the hardest part was laying out the images on the stamp press to form the tree, which took maybe 5 minutes.    I think I might duplicate this using different color cardstocks and inks. I used a silver star for the top of the tree and some sequins to embellish a bit.   Finally I cut the frame from SSS Postage Edge die.  

This is my second Holiday Card Class.  I enjoyed last years so much and really learned at lot. 

See ya later!



3 comments:

  1. Changing the stamps to circles gave the inspiration a nice fun touch. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the circle stamps, looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!