Wednesday, September 26, 2018

OCC Color Theory-Day 1

Jennifer McGuire demonstrated a technique that I wanted to attempt.    She stamped one color and then stamped another color partially over the first color to create a secondary and tertiary color on the color wheel. She created a rainbow background of stripes, this is what I came up with.


I stamped the circles from Lawn Fawn's Let's Bokeh stamp set. For the most part I was able to get a secondary and tertiary color by stamping the circles in overlapping colors. The photo doesn't catch the colors well.  The 'hello' die is from Simon Says Stamp and it is cut three times from black card stock, stacked and glued together. I also added some sequins for a little dimension.

I am looking forward to the rest of this class.

Be back soon....

1 comment:

  1. I do love circles and for class have painted a fair few of them LOL! This is a fabulous example of overlapping inks to get new colours and I love the movement the circles give to the card too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!