Tuesday, November 13, 2018

OCC-Clean and Simple Holiday-Day 1

A lot of great techniques were demonstrated today. The lesson was about inking and all the ways it can be done.  I didn't have a lot of time yesterday  or I would have loved to recreate ALL of them!  lol   I chose to do a variation of the technique demonstrated by Laurie Willison.


I used painters tape and washi tape to create the stripes on the background.  After applying tape to create the pattern, I used Distress Oxide Fired Brick to ink it up.  I mounted the background on a red cardstock base.  The banner was embossed with white embossing powder and I used thinlet dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Festive Greens set for the greenery on the bottom of the banner.  This took very little time to make, multiples could be made in no time at all.

If the first day is any indication of future lessons, I can't wait!  If you can, sign up for the class, it runs all this week, everyday.

Thanks for stopping by.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!