Wednesday, April 10, 2019

OCC-Stamp Happy Day 3

Hi, today's class lesson was background stamps.   Today, I  created a card inspired by Jennifer McGuire's lesson.  She created beautiful backgrounds and then made them into 'floating window cards'.  I loved this idea so I made one.


This is Hero Arts Florentine Pattern block background stamp.  I stamped light blue cardstock using SSS Steel Blue ink.  This, to me, was a different way of using background stamps.   I think it is a beautiful effect.  I am going to make more cards using this technique and try to improve my skill. I loved all the cards today and want to try all the techniques demonstrated.

See you soon...

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

OCC-Stamp Happy-Day 2

Day 2 of class, the emphasis was on clear stamps and layering.  I have just gotten over my fear of layering stamps, lol!  That doesn't mean I know what the heck I am doing, I have just been practicing.  Today I did a card with layering sunflowers.  This stamp was part of a Hero Arts card kit a couple of years ago. 


I layered using Hero Arts inks and it always takes me a long time to get the layers just right and I still feel that the layers are off kilter. I stenciled a pattern in the background and used a frame to enclose the card. 

All in all I like the look but I think I need way more practice.

See you soon...


Monday, April 8, 2019

OCC-Stamp Happy- Day 1

I am taking the Online Card Class called Stamp Happy, this week.  The first day demonstration was the use of wooden stamps.  I'll confess, I haven't used wooden stamps in quite awhile, in fact I don't know when was the last time I purchased a wooden stamp.  I do have plenty to use though, and since this class is in coordination with Hero Arts, I chose a Hero Arts wooden stamp to use.  The class recommendation was to use a stamp positioner, I have the Inkadinkadoo Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I love the impression you get from red rubber, it is so crisp.


I stamped the image and colored with Copic markers. I used an embossing folder for the woodgrain look, and shaded it with Distress Oxide Ink.  The background is also colored with Distress Oxide ink. I stamped a simple sentiment and hand cut it out and used foam tape to mount it on the card front.

Be back soon....


Supplies:
Image: Hero Arts Bird
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Woodgrain
Distress Inks: Frayed Burlap for woodgrain, and Tumbled Glass for background. 
Sentiment: Flora and Fauna
Dies: SSS Stitched Ovals, SSS Stitched Rectangles

Friday, March 29, 2019

3-29-19

Hi,
I have a a few Easter cards to share with you.  Sorry I haven't been posting lately but I recently had gallbladder surgery and recovery has been slow.  Anyway I have done some cards and wanted to share.


This is a Gerda Steiner stamp set, I copic colored the cute baby animals.  I also used a Simon Says Stamp die to cut the squares from the card front.  The sentiment is a die from Lawn Fawn. After coloring the animals, I fussy cut them and placed them in the squares on the card front. Most of the images are designed to peek around corners :). I used some patterned paper to back the squares. The stitched border outline is  Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die. .  I also added a few enamel dots. I love the way it turned out. :)



 I got the idea for this card from Nicole Spohr, she did a version awhile ago but I just got the chance to experiment with the stamp set.  On this card I used Mama Elephant's Wild Meadow stamp set.  I colored it using Zig Brush Pens.  I love using Zig Brush Pens to watercolor.  Their colors are so vibrant.  The best paper, after experimenting with a few papers, I liked Bristol the best. The colors spread and cover so well on Bristol. I stamped the image twice, rotating the paper stamping top and bottom, leaving a space in the center to stamp my sentiment.  I adhered the finished piece to a pink cardstock base.

I'll be back soon, hopefully :) and thanks for coming by. 

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Valentine Cards

Hi,

I wanted to share a few valentines I made recently.

Sorry it has been awhile, I have been having a few medical issues, hopefully it will be straightened out soon.



I created a background from alcohol ink that I used behind this die cut from Lil' Inkers. I also used a scalloped border die from Simon Says Stamp on the card front. I then put everything on a red card base.  I embellished it with a few sequins.  This took very little time and I love the way it turned out.





This card was  created from the Simon Says Stamp February card kit.  I stamped the heart from the stamp set included in the kit, colored it with copics and fussy cut it out.  I white heat embossed a few of the musical notes from the border stamp in the kit, and then I blended Distress Oxides to color the piece.  I used a piece of patterned paper from the kit for the front and then layered everything else on the patterned paper.  This just kind of came together without a lot of thought, I love when that happens. :)

Thanks for stopping by.....