Monday, April 8, 2019

OCC-Stamp Happy- Day 1

I am taking the Online Card Class called Stamp Happy, this week.  The first day demonstration was the use of wooden stamps.  I'll confess, I haven't used wooden stamps in quite awhile, in fact I don't know when was the last time I purchased a wooden stamp.  I do have plenty to use though, and since this class is in coordination with Hero Arts, I chose a Hero Arts wooden stamp to use.  The class recommendation was to use a stamp positioner, I have the Inkadinkadoo Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I love the impression you get from red rubber, it is so crisp.


I stamped the image and colored with Copic markers. I used an embossing folder for the woodgrain look, and shaded it with Distress Oxide Ink.  The background is also colored with Distress Oxide ink. I stamped a simple sentiment and hand cut it out and used foam tape to mount it on the card front.

Be back soon....


Supplies:
Image: Hero Arts Bird
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Woodgrain
Distress Inks: Frayed Burlap for woodgrain, and Tumbled Glass for background. 
Sentiment: Flora and Fauna
Dies: SSS Stitched Ovals, SSS Stitched Rectangles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!