Friday, June 10, 2016

Paper Smooches June Challenge

The theme for Paper Smooches June Challenge is Layers!


I love the all the colors in these layers images, gor-ge-ous!!

I needed to make a graduation card and I thought the sentiment on this stamp set was so appropriate for a new graduate. 

Go Boldly!! Yes!! Now is the time to get out there and do your thing!  :)

I water colored the 'moon' with distress inks and then used a circle die to cut it out. I used Wink of Stella too, it shows up waaay better irl.    I made a galaxy background by blending distress inks, isn't it great you can do both with the same product? I added stars to the background with a white gel pen and images from the stamp set.  The images are all from Paper Smooches Space Cadet (one of my favorites), after coloring with Copics, I cut them out and adhered to the card front.  I popped the alien spacecraft on foam squares.  I added glossy accents to the windows on both spacecraft and also on the water on Earth-like planet, well I'll just call it Earth, because I want the astronaut to be going home!  lol  I also added googly eyes on the 'aliens'.  The sentiment is white heat embossed on black card stock.

BTW this is the first time I have done a galaxy background, I really like the look but was always afraid it wouldn't turn out well.   I do like the way this turned out so I am happy, and now am confident to make more! :)

Thanks for coming by and I'll be back soon. 

Supplies Used: Distress Inks for Moon: Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Pumice Stone and Iced Spruce. Distress Inks for Background: Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky and Dusty Concord.
 

1 comment:

  1. Go boldly is perfect for a graduation card! Pretty background and oh, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!