Friday, July 29, 2016

Cardinals

Where I live we have many cardinals, it is the state bird after all :-) .  I love looking in the backyard and seeing the flash of red as they fly by.  A few years ago, sightings were not as frequent as they are now, and I missed that, so I am glad the cardinals are back in abundance.


This is my version of a cardinal on a nest.  I have never actually seen one on a nest but imagination is a great thing. :-)   The 'nest' is twine that I glued together with Ranger Multi Matte Medium, I just laid it on top of itself over and over 'till I got the effect I wanted. The background is blended Ranger Distress inks  (Fossilized Amber, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean) . I used an SSS stencil (Tiny Dots) and tinted  embossing paste with the same colors and applied it to the front of the card.  The bird is also from SSS, adhered with foam dots, and the branch is from Purple Onion by Stacey Yakula.  The sentiment is SSS Painted Hello, that I cut four times and once with fun foam and adhered them together to give dimension.  I really liked the way it came out.

Entering this into:  CAS(E) this Sketch # 183 

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Add Some Texture 
                                                               

Thanks, I'll see 'ya later......

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun layers and texture! I love the color combo too. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful card Janet...love the soft colours on the background and your bird is so cute sitting on his nest...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!