Monday, June 1, 2015

OCC Mask-erade Day 5

I was out of town this weekend and watched the last class today.   The lesson used clear heat embossing to mask.  I decided to create a card using the technique that Debby Hughes demonstrated.

I die cut two hearts in cardstock to create a mask, placed the mask on water color paper, applied Versamark ink through the mask and  heat set it using clear embossing powder. This created a water resist mask. I applied water color and wiped off any excess from the hearts.  I  heat embossed a  die cut 'congrats' using Ranger's Gold embossing powder. I added a piece of patterned paper on the side, and some sequins to finish the card. Oh yeah, I also added a piece of fun foam to the back of the water colored card front to give it some dimension, the fun foam is cut slightly smaller than the card front.

This was great masking technique, I will use it again. I think this card can be used for a wedding or an engagement.

I enjoyed this class a great deal and learned a lot of new techniques. :)

Supplies Used: Dies: Simon Says Stamp Large Heart Set, Papertrey Ink Congrats.  Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!