Saturday, November 23, 2013

Holiday Online Card Workshop 2013-Last Class

Hi,
I was out of town yesterday and just now caught up on the lesson from yesterday.  The lesson was wonderful as were all the others in the workshop.  I really enjoyed this class and will take more if they are offered. 

I didn't have all of the supplies that were needed to make Kristina Werner's or Jennifer McGuire's cards so I kinda did a version of Debby Hughes'.  I put washi tape in Christmas colors in the backgound of Neena Desert Storm cardstock.  I then cut a Christmas bulb from a Sizzix set that was in combination with Hero Arts stamps.  These stamp/die sets are very nice and really great when you get them on sale!  The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts.  I popped the Christmas bulb on foam squares and tied the top with some bakers twine.  I also used a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on the bulb.  I love these pens they add just a subtle touch of sparkle that doesn't always show up in photographs, but it is a nice touch.

I also did a second card,  I used a Tim Holtz Blueprint Tree stamp.  I stamped in on the Neena Desert Storm card stock and then I stamped a second one. I fussy cut and distressed the second tree with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and used foam squares to pop up the tree.  I water colored the bulbs and attached them with foam squares.  I also used the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on this card.    Shari Carroll did a version of this card and I admired it so much I wanted to try it. 
So glad you stopped by and have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!