Friday, January 3, 2014

Chalkboard Sentiment

Hi,
I wanted to post the chalkboard art that I did for my daughters for Christmas.
I DID frame this but forgot to take of a picture of it!  This is the first time doing something like this.  I painted the wood with chalkboard paint and then rubbed white chalk all over it and then wiped it away with a paper towel.  At first I did this in colored chalk but when I spray lacquered it, it faded the chalk and it didn't look as good as I wanted it to.  So I bought some Sharpie paint pens and used those.  I like it but I think the chalk looked better.  I will have to research how to preserve the chalk. I had read that you should lacquer but I really didn't like the end result.  I was in a time crunch so I went with this. 

The second one for my other daughter was this:
This is a tutorial I followed and again this was first done with chalk but the spray lacquer faded it too much so I redid it in the Sharpie paint markers.  This is a clip board bought from Office Max.  I masked off the clip and then painted it with chalkboard paint, chalked up the board as explained above and then did the art.  I did chalk up the whole board but forgot to take a picture of that and it does look better with the whole board chalked in.

For a first effort I was not unhappy with the results but I am going to keep trying and hope to get much better. 

That is all for today, thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

  1. Great projects. I love your chalkboard art, especially the sentiment on the first one! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, they are always welcome. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!