Tuesday, January 26, 2016

OCC Watercolor Intermediate-Day 2

Today's lesson were demonstrations by  guest artists of the brush techniques we learned yesterday.  This class has already more than met my expectations.  The example from Jennifer R. was a free hand watercolored rose that she turned into a card.  It was lovely, so this is my attempt.


 
I have to say I didn't do too badly. :)  Once I watercolored the rose, I die cut the word die from the front of the watercolored piece, and then from fun foam.  Jennifer used black foam but suggested that  pink or green foam might look good too.  I had pink foam so that is what I used and I really like how it peeks out from behind the word.  I have to tell you though that I had to use a metal shim to die cut the watercolored paper.  It was Arches 140 lb. Cold Pressed Watercolor paper.  I tried Hot Pressed yesterday, but I kind of like this one a little better.  It certainly dried fast.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.  After die cutting it, I mounted in on deep pink cardstock.

This second card was a sample that  Laura Bassen demonstrated.




I stamped watercolor paper with a block die from Hero Arts with Versamark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Once dried I used a circle die and watercolors to create the pattern.  I diecut the word die from dark grey cardstock and then used glossy accents so it would stand out a little more.  The sentiments are heat embossed on dark grey cardstock with white embossing powder.  I mounted the card front onto dark grey cardstock and then on a white card base. I am learning how much lighter watercolors are once they have dried (this seemed dark as I was painting it) . :)

Thanks for coming by and I'll be back soon.

Supplies Used: Rose Card: Stamps: Winnie & Walter-The Big, The Bold and the Happy. Dies: SSS Congrats die, Sakura Koi Watercolors. Emboss Resist Card-Stamp Sets: SSS I See You and Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and the Happy. Dies: SSS Hello Die, Sizzix Circle Dies.  Sakura Koi Watercolors.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! You really rocked it with today's homework! I love your freehand rose, and the pink foam really looks awesome.

    Your emboss resist card is stunning as well. Hope you continue to enjoy class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the rose. I just didn't have any luck with that. I have trouble drawing stick men. lol. Second card is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love how your rose came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Janet, this is awesome! You did a terrific job with the freehand rose...I have yet to try it, I don't really have an artistic bone in my body, but I will give it a try you have inspired me!! And I love your Laura Bassen CAS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!