Wednesday, January 27, 2016

OCC Watercolor Intermediate Day 3

The lesson today was pretty intense, lol!!  I am still trying to process all the wonderful, fantastic information. The lesson demonstrated how to watercolor stamped scenes, that sounds pretty easy, right?  Nope!  Dawn showed us techniques to define and highlight to make the image your own. It definitely takes practice, because the results could be breathtaking.  I tried many, many (many) times to get something that didn't look like a blob. :)

Here is what I did:



This is a beginning, I used the techniques that were in today's lesson, hopefully I will get better with them. :)  This image is from Penny Black.  It a  favorite of mine,  and after trying other stamps this is the one that worked best for me. The sentiment is heat embossed on vellum in white embossing powder. I die cut the front and adhered it to fun foam and then to the card front.

I am going to go practice some more and see what happens.

See you soon

Supplies: Arches Hot Pressed 140 lb Watercolor paper, Sakura Koi watercolors, Penny Black Blooming Garden, Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Borders, Simon Says Stamp Stitched Border dies. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did! It took me way longer than a day to create something I was even mildly happy with when I first started. I'd say you're ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!