Saturday, January 30, 2016

OCC Watercolor Intermediate Day 6

Today, guest artists demonstrated examples of the Day 5 lesson, Expressive Florals and Leaves.  After watching the guest artists I just sat down and started to dab color on the paper and sure enough I got flower shapes. I also drew the bowl in watercolor paint and it actually looks like a bowl.  This was the last lesson, and honestly this is one of the best classes I have ever taken at OCC.  There is so much information that you can build on to make wonderful creations.

This is what I created today.

Soooo it was hard for me to call this done, I wanted to do something else to it, but in the end I let it be.:)  That is kinda stressed in this class, less is more sometimes.  The sentiment is from SSS Happy and Smile. I stamped this with my MISTI, and glad I did because watercolor paper really needs a couple of impressions to make it dark enough. I used a round brush and Kuratake Gansai Tambi paints on Arches 140 lb Cold Pressed watercolor paper. 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!