Thursday, April 24, 2014

Online Card Class-Watercolor

Hi,
I will be participating in the new class from OCC-Watercolor.  Even though the class doesn't start for another couple of weeks, the instructors were nice enough to demonstrate some techniques and equipment that will be used for the classes.  I have watercolored before, just a little though.  Kristina Werner made a great video on how to paint swatches of your watercolors on a chart and number them so that you have a visual reference of the colors in your watercolor set. This was a great idea and really a great tool so I made one. I don't know how well you can see them, but I did number the colors according to how they are lined up in my watercolor set. 
Kristina also suggested that if you mix a color you like, paint an example of it and label it with the numbers of the colors you used to make the new color. 

Another suggestion was to paint a plaid background with your watercolors as practice.  I loved this idea, here is my example:
I love this color combo, but the green was not one that I had in my set, so I made it by combining colors, you can see it on my chart as the first swatch on the right side.  

I can't wait for this class to begin and I plan to practice some more, for sure.

Thanks for stopping by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!