Thursday, May 28, 2015

OCC Mask-erade Day 3

Today we learned to mask using liquid masking techniques.  I have used rubber cement as a masking fluid before and I liked the results.  I purchased the Fine Line masking liquid for this class, and I decided I would like to use that for my card.  Shari Carroll demonstrated a card that I really liked however I didn't have any of the stamps or stencils she used for her card, so I had to go in another direction.

I used Tim Holtz's Crazy Birds stamp set, I just love this set.  I stamped him using StazOn ink and then covered him with the Fine Line masking fluid.  After letting that dry, I used a dots block stamp to stamp in grey ink.  Next, using the Tim Holtz Splatters stencil, I colored the background with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  Somehow Shari used the stencil in a way I couldn't get right no matter how I tried. :/.  So what I did was dilute the distress inks with water, and applied them directly to the stencil. onto the paper.    I think I will try this using in a different color palette soon.

Until next time........


3 comments:

  1. wow, love your card. you used so many techniques in one card and didn't overdo it at all. thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made a cute card -- I like the soft yellows and the dots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!