Friday, May 22, 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge May 17-23

The week's Paper Smooches Challenge is Anything Goes.

This is the card I made:

This card was inspired by my daughter's pets.  They know when she is due home from work and they go to the window and look out and wait for her to come to the door.  Seriously they look like they are smiling while they are waiting.  :)

I cut strips of paper and distressed the edges to give the effect of siding on the house, die cut a window and also distressed it a little. I did put a piece of clear acetate to simulate a window, but it doesn't show up well.   I used Paper Smooches Chubby Chums for the images, and I colored them with Copics.  I stenciled the background behind the window.  The flower images are from PS Spring Fling and Perky Plants and I paper pieced some of them, and colored others.  In the Paper Smooches Stitch Wise Dies, there is a little piece that reminds me of grass.  I am not sure if that is what it is but that is what I used it for. :) I die cut it about 10 times and then glued them to the card front.  The sentiment is from PS Sentiment Sampler, heat embossed in white on black card stock.   I hope you like this as much as I enjoyed making it.

Till next time.......

1 comment:

  1. too cute and fun! love the window design! thanks for playing along with Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!