Sunday, April 10, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch #167

I have been so busy this week and this is the first time I have had any time at all to do some card making! Yay!

CAS(E) this Sketch #167 challenge features this sketch.


Even though this is a pretty simple sketch I was a little stumped by it.  I had some ideas, but after looking  at the cards that had already been entered into the challenge I realized that a lot of the ideas had already been created.  After looking through my dies, I found something that worked for me. Using Memory Box dies I die cut the branches and the birds, and then colored with Copics. 



I have been seeing cardinals in the backyard for a couple of weeks or so. Their color next to all the brown still around is so vivid, that I decided to try to recreate that scene.  Here's hoping it greens up soon, although yesterday we received 4" of snow!!  In April!!  I really can't wait for all the green to come back!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon.



5 comments:

  1. Fantastic take on the sketch! Your red birds really pop! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so sweet and pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant use of the sketch and such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Your win is well deserved...this adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!