Friday, November 16, 2018

OCC Clean & Simple Holiday Day 5

Last day of class :(  Today was all about embossing.  Although I have been embossing for some time now, I learned new techniques today.  I always love the reveal when you apply heat to embossing powder, especially gold and silver powders.


I stamped the  ornament stamps on watercolor paper with Versamark ink and heat embossed them in silver.  I watercolored the ornaments with Distress Inks.  After they dried, which took no time at all, I fussy cut them and cut a small hole in the top so I could thread them with silver thread.  Using this pretty blue textured paper (I don't know where I got it)  I first adhered them with foam squares to the blue panel and then used tape to secure the thread to the back of the blue panel. I then adhered it to a white card base.  I wasn't happy with the ornaments kind of dangling in space so  I die cut some greenery as an embellishment. The sentiment  is heat embossed in silver on white card stock.

I really like how this turned out, I think I will make another!

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon......

Supplies: Stamps-Simon Says Stamp Ornate Ornaments, Power Poppy Cozy Cupfuls
Inks: Distress Inks Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Evergreen Bough
Embossing Powder: Ranger Silver
Dies: Tim Holt/Sizzix Festive Greens
Paper: Tim Holtz Watercolor paper

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!