Tuesday, September 22, 2015

OCC Watercolor-Exploring Mediums Day 1

Although this is technically Day 2, this is the first chance I have gotten to try some of the techniques that were demonstrated on Day 1.  These lessons are just jam packed with techniques I want to try.  The first day demonstrated how to use watercolor makers for your cards.  There are a lot of different types of watercolor markers and pretty much every one was demonstrated in today's lesson.  I chose to use the Zig Watercolor Brush Markers for my card.  I just recently got these and really needed the practice. 



First I heat embossed the image, which is Technique Tuesday's Camelia, with Rangers Platinum Fine Embossing powder.  The sentiment is also from this same set and heat embossed.   I colored the background by applying water to the panel and then using Tumbled Glass distress ink.   I die cut the watercolor panel and then mounted it on adhesive foam to the card front.  I still need a lot of practice, but I am not unhappy with this. :)

I am going to go try one of the techniques that we learned today, Day 2, and perhaps be back with another post.

See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!