Monday, July 27, 2015

OCC-Background Check Day 1

The new Online Card Class -Background Check-is all about creating backgrounds for your cards.  One of the lessons today was about ink blending, which I have a LOT of trouble with.  I need help in this area for sure. :) I did a combo of all three techniques today.  The techniques demonstrated today were distress ink blending, water resist with a block stamp and distress 'ink smooshing'

These are examples of what I did.

The blue ink blended was made with a flower block stamp and water resist.  The coral ink blended sheet was created with a shimmer spray and the same flower block stamp.  The watercolor was created with acetate distress ink smooshing.  Sorry there is so much glare, I was trying to get as much detail as I could.  I wasn't sure about the ink smooshing but it worked out fine.  I really liked the water resist technique too. 

Be back tomorrow with Day 2.  Thanks for coming by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!