Wednesday, July 29, 2015

OCC Background Check-Day 3

Today's lesson concentrated on using the backgrounds we created for cards.  A lot of wonderful examples were demonstrated by the teachers.  A couple techniques caught my eye and this is what i made.



The card on the right was made from the resist technique I learned on Day 1.  I cut a strip out of the card and inserted an acetate sheet and stamped 'so much' with Staz-On  ink.  I had a hard time  getting a good impression on the acetate but it finally worked.  I adhered the die cut word 'thanks' on top of the acetate. Then I adhered it to white cardstock.  The card on the left was from Day 2, it was the random stamping technique.  I liked it so much I didn't want to cut it so I stamped a greeting and added a couple of enamel dots, to tie it together.  I adhered it to colored cardstock, to match the colors in the card.
'
My energy is still low, so I didn't do anymore today.  I will be back tomorrow.  Thanks for coming by.

1 comment:

  1. Love both of these cards, Janet! I'm so impressed with your circle card. Your work with the technique is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!