Friday, July 31, 2015

OCC Background Check-Day 5

Today's OCC class lesson was all about creating backgrounds with embossing paste, with embossing folders, and die cuts. I did two examples today that I really liked a lot.



The image on the right was created using a stencil and colored embossing paste.  I wanted an ombre effect, so I used Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon and Abandoned Coral.  This is similar to a technique demonstrated by Laura Bassen.  I like how this came out.   The image on the left was created using a embossing folder and then blended with distress inks.  Kristina Werner demonstrated this technique.  In this image the shading from the top looks darker than it actually is, IRL it looks very pretty.  I really liked both of these techniques and will use them again. 

Thanks for coming by, will be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!