Thursday, January 29, 2015

OCC Clean and Simple 4-Day 4

The lesson today focused on Adding Texture.  A lot of great techniques today, including hand sewing on your card.  I have seen that technique but haven't been brave enough to try it, maybe soon. :)

Yana Smakula demonstrated faux embossing.  I decided to try this technique.

The idea is to use die cuts as a background on your card.  This can be words or shapes. I used a cloud die.   I die cut a bunch of them from the same color cardstock as the base.  I attached cardstock to a  double sided adhesive sheet,  and then die cut the clouds.  I am glad I had the adhesive sheets, I didn't even know I had them, it makes it a lot easier to assemble.  I added a sentiment and enamel hearts.

See ya soon.....

Supplies Used: Die-Memory Box Large Clouds, Stamp-Hero Arts Anything Can Happen, My Minds Eye enamel

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!