Tuesday, January 27, 2015

OCC Clean & Simple 4-Die Cutting-Day 2

Second day of classes and I am really enjoying it!  The lesson emphasis was on die-cutting.  I have been die-cutting for awhile, but I learned some really interesting techniques today.  Kristina Werner and Shari Carroll's projects were fantastic and I want to try them soon, but Debby Hughes' card was a stunner.  I tried to duplicate her card, she demonstrated faux paper cutting, I thought it was amazing.

I

The idea is to form a shape by filling in the space with paper cuts.  I die cut a lot of shapes, because I really didn't know which ones I would need.  Debby's card had one heart and was on black cardstock.  I wanted to try something a little different and used two hearts on red cardstock. I like the way it turned out, it does take some time, but if you are patient you are rewarded with a unique card.  

Thanks for coming by.......

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet Card - i used a variation of that technique to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! I really want to try this one too, but think I need some time to play around with all the different die cut pieces to get them to fit well. Not a quick card that's for sure. But yours is a stunner too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the class lesson, the red is so striking. Patience really was the key for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!