Thursday, May 15, 2014

Online Card Classes Day 10 More Watercolor Freehand

Hello,
The lesson today concentrated on different methods to freehand watercolor.  One method was to find an image you like and trace it, and then watercolor.  Jennifer Rzasa created a beautiful hummingbird, seriously awesome.    I found an image of poppies that I liked and set out to re-create it.  So my card is supposed to be poppies. :)  Here it is:
I watercolored the image in layers of color and left white spaces to create depth.  For the most part I think they resemble poppies. :)   Once the poppies were dry, I applied water to the background and then applied the watercolor and let it do its thing.  The greeting is from Hero Arts and I embossed it on the card base. 

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Don't think I'm ready to try that yet, but I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your gorgeous poppies!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!