Friday, May 16, 2014

Online Card Classes Watercolor Day 11 Playday

Hi,
Today is the last day of classes (they mentioned a surprise though, not sure what it is).  It is a day to create what you wanted.  A lot of great demonstrators today, great techniques, so it was hard to choose which one I wanted to recreate.   I chose to do a technique by Kathy Racoosin, she embossed vellum and colored it with watercolor crayons and markers.  It was such a pretty look I had to try it and besides I won a set of watercolor crayons years ago and have never known what to do with them! 
I had some trouble with my blender pen (it is a little old), so it was little hard to get a smooth look.  I know you are supposed to reverse it to the other side but I like the embossed side better. :) I added some sequins and enamel dots  to perk it up a bit.  The vellum didn't warp because very little water is used. 

I loved these classes and learned so much I am sorry to see them end, but the techniques that were taught are invaluable and I am a little more confident to watercolor.

1 comment:

  1. Your card is very pretty, I love those flowers and you've water colored them well. I'm going to miss this class too, lets hope they do another one soon! C x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!