Tuesday, November 1, 2022

OCC Holiday Workshop 2022-Day 2

 Today's lesson is all about plaids.  Different techniques were demonstrated to create the plaid backgrounds.  I really did not have any of the supplies used for any of the examples, lol, so I improvised.  I used Post-It Tape 1" strips to create the pattern.  I cut the stips into 1/2" strips and created the plaid background.  I have to say this was not my first attempt, around the 3rd time I was happy with what I made.  In retrospect, even though I like the colors I chose, I would have used more traditional colors.


The stripes are created with Distress Oxides Twisted Citron and Barn Door.  In this photo the stripes look yellow and pink, but they are much darker IRL. I used a Memory Box die for the sled and a Tim Holtz die set for the greenery.  I was going to draw a gold line on some of the strips, but  NONE of my gold pens would work.  Sigh....

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!