Friday, August 8, 2014

OCC Stretch Your Stamps 2-Day 5

Hello,
Day 5 of OCC and I am thoroughly enjoying all the different techniques for using the stamps you already have in different ways.  Today's lesson focused on Outline Stamps.  Most of what was demonstrated today were flower images.  I really, really liked Shari Carroll's card, but didn't have a stamp close to what I could use for her card.  I am going to get one because I want to try it soon.  Jennifer McGuire demonstrated a technique using embossing powder and an outline flower stamp.  She used different color embossing powders. I didn't have any of the colors she used. :( .   BUT as she always does, she gave an alternative way to achieve the same result, using markers. Stamping the image and coloring the stamp with different color markers and them applying it to the paper and when finished, embossing.

This is what I made:
I used iridescent embossing powder but it is really hard to see, I wish it showed up better, because it makes a big difference on the card.    I really like how this turned out and will use this technique again. The sentiment is embossed using Ranger Silver.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Penny Black Garden Bloom, SSS Friendship Messages

Thanks for coming by!

5 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!