Tuesday, August 5, 2014

OCC Stretch Your Stamps Days 1 & 2

Hello,
I am participating in the Online Card Class Stretch Your Stamps.  The focus on days 1 & 2 has been using background stamps and how versatile they can be.  Many great examples were demonstrated and I hope to try some more techniques in the future.  The technique I wanted to try first was demonstrated by Laura Sterckx.  She created an ombre effect on a cardfront with distress inks.

This is the card that I did:
I heat embossed a background stamp with white embossing powder and used distress inks to blend the colors on the card.  I cut a banner and kinda drew a rough border with a Versamark pen and heat embossed it.  I diecut the 'thanks' four times, glued them on top of one another, and used a clear embossing powder to give it a little shine. I added some sequins to 'pretty it up' a bit.  :)
 
I liked the way this turned out, I hope you do too. 

Supplies used:
Hero Arts Lattice background stamp
Distress Inks: Tim Holtz Iced Spruce, Broken China, Mustard Seed
Die Cut: Memory Box
Thanks for coming by. 

1 comment:

  1. Like the color scheme and the hand-drawn border on the banner. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!