Thursday, August 21, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Back to School

Hi,
I made a lot of cards today because I will be very busy the next couple of days and I wanted to get in the challenges I usually do on a weekly basis.  Simon Says Stamp challenge is Back to School details are here: Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

They have great inspiration on their blog this week for this challenge, I especially liked the card by Melissa Bove.  It was darling.  I don't have  children in school any longer, so this is for my grandson, he is going into third grade!  My goodness, wasn't he just a baby! 

I used texture paste and a SSS stencil Scrambled Letters.  This is the first time I have ever used texture paste and wasn't sure what to expect. I saw Jennifer McGuire demonstrate and I had to give it a try!   It is very similar to embossing paste but it does seem to go on a little smoother and dry smoother, PLUS you can color it once it is dry!  Embossing paste doesn't take color well, unless you mix it when it is wet and then apply it.  Once it was dry, I put the stencil back on and used distress inks and kinda pounced the applicator on the stencil.  The dry texture paste gives a way more intense color, I like it!! 

The sentiment is  SSS-All Boy and Winnie & Walter-Bubble Talk.   I added a few stars and colored them with Wink of Stella red .  Hope you like!

Thanks for coming by .....

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet! Great card. I'd like to invite you to stop by Word Art Wednesday for our weekly Anything Goes challenges. We have lots of fun, and we offer at least two great prizes every week. This week, one of our prizes is a $15 for wool felt from Prairie Point Junction. I hope you will stop by when you are able, and play along in our challenges. It would be a blessing to have you play along!
    Hope to see you soon!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun colors!!! I love it. Thank you so much for playing along in the Back to School Challenge with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!